Are you tired of going to the same restaurant every year on Valentine’s Day? Do you want to surprise that special someone with a date they weren’t expecting, or don’t you feel like actually going on a date at all and just want to do something romantic at your place?
Trying to plan that special date can be a pain and expensive. Many college students don’t even have the money to go out on a frivolous date in the first place.
If you are having trouble thinking of that special date, here are a list of ten ideas which will hopefully help you out!
1. Eat in instead of out. This is much cheaper than going out to a fancy restaurant and can even be more romantic! Making a special dinner for someone comes straight from the heart, and even if you can’t cook, your loved one will still love the thoughtful idea! To make things a little more romantic, light candles and even design a cute menu of the dinner course.
2. Have a game day or night. Challenge your loved one to a game of basketball, pool , or Frisbee! It’ll be all about having fun. If it is not a nice day, stay inside and play board games instead.
3. Have a movie night. Movie tickets are so overpriced these days, so why not rent a few movies and have a movie night of your own? It’s cheaper and more romantic as well. Pop some popcorn and even go out and purchase some movie theater candy that the two of you can snack on!
4. Have an indoor or outdoor picnic. Grab your picnic basket and blanket and set up an adorable picnic just for you two. Pack some typical picnic foods, such as sandwiches and salads. If the day is not sunny, set it up inside!
5. Spend the day outdoors. Go for a hike, watch the sunset, or go stargazing. The ideas are endless, and extremely romantic. Make sure the day is nice for this one though!
6. Bake together. What’s not to love about baking? Spend the day in the kitchen and bake your favorite baked goods, maybe a cake or some cookies. Baking is always a treat and in the end, you have something sweet to eat.
7. Have a spa day. Pamper each other and buy spa items such as facial masks and scrubs, bubble bath, fancy soaps, massage oils, inexpensive candles, etc. Your loved one will be relaxed and will love you for it!
8. Explore the city. Have a night on the town without spending anything at all! Just walk around the city closest to you and see what they have to offer.
9. Attend a free dancing event. Local dancing events go on regularly and some are free. Look into it and take your partner out dancing for the evening. Dancing is always fun, and can be very sensual and romantic.
10. It’s all about them. Surprise your loved one by making the day consist of their favorite things, such as making their favorite breakfast and dinner, watching their favorite movie and television shows, etc. Don’t say anything about it either, and stick to it all day…they’ll be surprised!