Running around in the morning getting ready for class or work often does not allow much time for hair styling. It doesn’t matter if your hair is thin, thick, long, short, curly or straight: there is a quick and easy go-to style for you. Maybe you are searching for a new look or just want to spruce up your current look. Either way here are some great style ideas that can be done in a matter of minutes.
The fishtail braid, also known as the herringbone or fishbone braid, is a fast and easy way to keep medium to long length hair out of the way; it will become a favorite for rushed mornings. Just follow these simple steps.
1. Divide your hair into two large sections, parting straight down the middle
2. Pull a thin strand of hair from the outside of the left section. Pull it over the top of the left section, and grasp it under the right section. In other words, the strand of hair has gone over the left section and finishes under the right section. Try to use the same thickness for each strand throughout or your braid will look uneven.
3. Repeat Step 2 on the other side. Pull a skinny strand of hair from the outside of the right section, pull it over the right section, and then weave it under the left section.
4. Keep alternating sides, weaving over and under, until you reach the bottom of the braid.
5. Tie off the end with a hair bobble or elastic. This style should take about 10 minutes.
The back and sides of this short casual hairstyle is tapered into the head with the top layers left long enough to wear flat, outlining the head and framing the face for a charming and simple finish. This low-maintenance style is perfect for those with fine to medium hair and it takes about 10 minutes to style. This hair style does require regular trims every 4-6 weeks to maintain its shape.
If you have naturally curly hair and want to get these bouncy, defined curls, start by applying a heat protecting defining gel to damp hair. Diffuse until dry then wrap quarter-inch sections of hair around a small-barrel curling iron. Curl sections of hair in different directions to create texture. Then, once your entire head is curled, rake in a small amount of hair cream to individually piece out curls to add definition. This style should take about 20 to 30 minutes.
The sides and back of this hairstyle is clipper cut short and close to the head, blending into the top which is long enough to be swept to the side, or worn a little messy by simply applying a little gel and running your fingers through your hair. This is a great hairstyle for any occasion but it needs regular trims to maintain the style. It is a five minute hairdo.
The length of this hairstyle sits directly under the jaw-line with long layers cut around the sides and back to lighten the length, creating soft movement through the mid-lengths to ends of the hair. This hairstyle is perfect for those with fine to medium hair and will need regular trims to prevent split ends. This is a brush and go style. For more definition you can comb through the hair with your fingers and a small amount of pomade; maximum style time is 10 minutes.
This casual curly hairstyle or mini afro is tapered around the back and sides while the top is left slightly longer for shape. This hairstyle is perfect for those with naturally tight curly hair and will need regular trims every 4-6 weeks to maintain shape and style. This hairdo takes about 10 minutes to style.