Summer is just around the corner, which means it’s getting closer to swimsuit season.
Unfortunately, there are many women that dread that time of the year because they are just not happy with the way they look. If you are one of those that dread swimsuit season, here are ten tips from active.com and mirror.co.uk you can use this spring to work your way to that body you want!
1. Size matters. Try putting less food on your plate. Smaller, more frequent meals will help you increase your metabolism. Try to aim for three meals a day and eat foods with lean protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats.
2. Start your dinner with a salad with fat-free dressing. Research from Pennsylvania State University found when women ate a low calorie salad before a main course of pasta, they felt fuller and so reduced their overall calorie intake for the meal by 12 percent.
3. Don’t skip breakfast. According to Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, a healthy breakfast is important in maintaining an ideal body weight. People who skip breakfast to save calories often overeat later in the day, or snack on foods that are high in fat and sugar. Plus, breakfast gives your metabolism a boost. Eat protein-rich food at breakfast, such as eggs, milk or yogurt. Foods high in protein are known to help fight hunger.
4. Replace sugary drinks with water. The calories can add up with sodas and lattes from Starbucks. Replace these drinks with water, which is completely calorie free. High intake of caffeine can also make you hungry and can stop nutrients from getting to cells, potentially increasing your risk of cellulite.
5. Exercise in the morning before class. Empty stomach workouts burn stored fat because carbohydrates have been processed in your sleep. If you exercise in the morning, you’ll burn fat at an accelerated rate for hours after. According to the American College of Sports Medicine, more calories are burned by short, high intensity exercises. Doing some quick, high intensity exercising in the morning will be a time saver and will not interfere with your schedule the rest of the day.
6. Plan your meals. Take some time out of the week to come up with a healthy food plan and grocery list.
7. Get rid of cellulite by upping your intake of vitamin C. This nutrient helps keep the layer of skin below the surface strong, stopping fat cells from poking through and causing dimples. Choose citrus fruits such as oranges, berries, kiwi fruit, blackcurrants, tomatoes and peppers.
8. Turn off the TV. Research shows that watching TV is linked to mindless munching, which can make you gain weight. If you feel the urge to snack, think of healthy snacks, like apples with peanut butter, etc.
9. If you want your skin to look great this summer, make sure to moisturize on a regular basis with lotion, and protect your skin with sunscreen if you’re spending a beautiful spring day outside. Make sure to protect your skin throughout the summer as well. Healthy skin is sexy skin!
10. Pick a bathing suit that fits you. Find a suit that not only fits your body type, but makes you feel comfortable and confident. Having that confidence will make you feel good inside and out.